Some Ethics While Dining In A Nice Restaurant
You may have heard some fancy and famous restaurants in the world. Despite having to pay quite expensive bills, most of us are still willing to queue up to enjoy the restaurants. You should be aware that unlike general restaurants, you cannot come in and immediately order the food. You need also to know what to wear to a nice restaurant.
What to Wear to a Fancy Restaurant and Other Usefull Stuff…
In addition to the attitude in eating food, you also need to pay attention to some other things such as how to pronounce some food names properly; otherwise you make some mistakes that make you embarrassed.
Here are some tips that you need to do if you want to eat comfortably in a fancy restaurant.
- Searching for the right place. The first thing you should do is to look for information about the restaurant you want to visit to. You have to understand the variety of foods offered the mainstay of the menu, the restaurant’s location, and its operating time. Most of luxury restaurants have an official website which can be accessed by anyone. You can also check out reviews from people who’ve been there before.
- Don’t forget to make reservation. To maintain the impression of exclusivity and quality of service, most expensive restaurants usually limit the number of guests. So, do not forget to make a reservation in advance.
- Menu selection. Before visiting you should find out what provided by the restaurant. Usually you will easily find the menu list on their official website. By knowing the type of menu provided then you do not need to spend a lot of time just to order the food. If you want to order unfamiliar menu, make sure you know how to pronounce its name correctly.
- Make sure you dress formally. Almost all expensive restaurants have conditions on clothing must be worn by guests. Usually you will be asked to dress formally. Some restaurants even require male guests to wear a suit and female guests to wear a dress. You need to know what to wear to a fancy restaurant.
- Arrive on time. You must arrive on time because the restaurant can cancel your order if you are late.
- Call the restaurant if you are late. If you turn out to be coming in late, for example due to traffic or other minor accidents, be sure to call the restaurant so that your reservation will not be canceled.
- Confirm your reservation at the reception. When you come, you should not immediately find a seat, but you should to go to the front desk and confirm your arrival and after that wait until a waiter takes you to your seat.
- Relaxed, Do tense. Once you get your booked seat, the waiter will help pull the chair and let you sit down. Make sure you sit in an upright position. Be relaxed and do not be nervous or scared when you make a mistake.
- Put your napkin on your lap, not on the collar. Usually the waiter will open and put the napkin on your lap. If you feel uncomfortable then you can do it yourself. Lay the napkin in your collar only when you’re eating lobster.
- Enjoy some complementary foods provided. While waiting for your order you will be given complementary foods usually. Do not eat too much because you will be full before the main food arrives.
We hope this article can help you in solving some anxiety, such as what to wear to a posh restaurant, how to pronounce foods name, and so forth.