Protein Diet For Weight Loss
High protein diets are considered to be the most effective way to lose weight. This article explains how and why they really work.
Here is a list of foods high in protein. Scrambled eggs and sausages for breakfast, a couple of hamburgers without buns for lunch, a generous piece of juicy steak for dinner, and maybe one or two protein cocktail or pair of protein tiles at intervals. Approximately so looks high-protein diets.
In fact, over the past few years, high-protein and low-carb diets have become very popular as an effective tool for weight loss. Such diets require that from 30 to 50 percent of the total number of calories the body came from the protein, which is contrary to the standard food norms, according to which these figures should be much lower.
Many people use these two terms as synonymous and interchangeable and inextricably link the high-protein and low-carb diets for weight loss. However, it is wrong.
You can follow a diet that includes plenty of carbohydrates, or a diet with low carbohydrate content in normal proteins. However, in the opinion of such guru-protein/low-carb diets like Dr. Atkins to weight decline, high amounts of proteins must be combined with low carbs. Most of the high-protein diets consists of several stages, with the initial phase is the most restrictive, while at later stages allowed some indulgences, and the final stage is a supporting character.
Components Of High-Protein Diets
What To Avoid
- Which needs to be avoided is sugar in all its forms, namely, brown sugar, granulated white sugar, powdered sugar, etc.
- The carbohydrate products include all varieties of pasta, so you should avoid spaghetti and noodles.
- Avoid unnecessary and products containing starch, like potatoes and white rice.
- Should be excluded products such as barbecue sauce, bacon, dressings, ketchup, fruit juices and even cough syrup-they contain hidden sugar.
- In addition, you should avoid any foods made from flour, as they also contain a lot of carbohydrates.
- One of the most controversial aspects of most high-protein/low-carbohydrate diets is an exception in the initial stage of fruit and fruit juices, as they often represent the pure forms of carbohydrates.
You can use cheese, butter and cream instead.
In fact, most high-protein diets implied a high intake of fat. Dr. Atkins took the view that fat in the diet helps the body to metabolize it, with a view to developing energy from it, rather than stocking. In addition, he believes that rich fat factor contained in food, will deal with bouts of hunger.
Another advantage of high-protein/low-carbohydrate diets for those who are tired of experiencing the feeling of hunger, in an effort to lose weight, is that such diets are not require to limit the number of eaten food, unlike low-calorie diets, which are based on strict calorie counting.
The Principle Of Action Of High-Protein Diets
Why and how to operate high-protein diet? How, for example, you can lose weight by eating high-calorie foods like meat, butter and cream? Such diets operate due to ketosis.
Ketosis is the process by which the body uses stored fat for energy (which is a secondary source of energy in the body), which leads to weight loss.